Spring is upon us and what better way to welcome the budding trees than with a little green? We’re talking about the iconic matcha green tea latte! Don’t get us wrong, matcha is a powerful stand-alone beverage and can be enjoyed solo. However, adding a little frothy milk and sweetness can add the perfect balance to its naturally bitter bite. We love a simple recipe like this one that produces delicious results.
Reasons to Love a Matcha Tea Latte
- Creamy and smooth
- Bright green
- Naturally sweetened
- Sustainable energy boost
- Easy 4-ingredient recipe
The Health Benefits of Green Tea
The Ultimate Matcha Tea Latte
All you need are four simple and natural ingredients! The matcha tea is an antioxidant-filled, energy-boosting and delicious alternative to the traditional latte. Whether you’re new to matcha or a seasoned green tea connoisseur, try this DIY latte at home this week.
- 1 1/4 tsp matcha powder (We recommend Imperial Matcha)
- 1 Tbsp Lynch Farm Maple Syrup (available at the Covent Garden Market) or Honey Do Honey (available at The Tea Haus)
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 3/4 cup milk (Cashew, Coconut etc.)
- Add matcha powder to your serving mug along with the maple syrup and hot water.
- Whisk together with your bamboo matcha whisk until completely dissolved. If you don’t have a bamboo whisk, you can use a spoon or a metal whisk. Bamboo whisks are gentle on the matcha and also help it dissolve more completely. Check out our matcha accessories if you’re interested.
- Once the matcha is completely dissolved, heat your milk. There are a number of options to heat the milk including bringing to a boil on the stovetop, steaming on an espresso machine, or simply microwaving until hot. Whisk the mixture vigorously for a frothier latte.
- Pour the milk into your mug. Stir and add more sweetener to taste. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by the Minimalist Baker. See their version here >>
The Matcha Starter Kit
If you’re serious about matcha and interested in starting a tea collection that makes your green tea prep more efficient and even more delicious, check out our matcha accessories including: