Green Tea Crème Brûlée
The following is our recipe for this fantastic Green Tea Creme Brulee. Please note, you can download this recipe at any time in PDF form at the bottom of the page.
- 2 tsp loose green tea leaves, good quality (10 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping (35%) cream (375 ml)
- 1/2 cup homogenized whole milk (125 ml)
- 1/4-cup sugar (60 ml)
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- 4 large egg yolks
- Sugar, for brulée topping
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the whipping cream, milk, sugar, vanilla bean and the green tea leaves in a mediumsaucepan over medium high heat. Bring to just to a boil. Remove from heat and cover. Letmixture steep for 15 minutes to develop flavor
- In a stainless steel bowl whisk the egg yolks. To make the custard, continue to stir eggyolks as you slowly pour the hot cream mixture over the yolks. Strain custard. Pour or ladleevenly into four 6-ounce ramekins or gratin pans.
- Bake in a water bath by placing ramekins into a shallow baking pan. Carefully pourenough boiling water into the baking pan so the water comes halfway up the sides of theramekins.
- Bake just until custard centers jiggle slightly when pan is moved, about 30 to 35 minutes.Remove from water bath. Cool custard to room temperature. Refrigerate and chill for at least3 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp. of sugar on top of the custards. Caramelize the sugar with a crème bruléetorch or directly under the broiler.
Download this recipe hereGreen Tea Crème Brulée.pdf