ASIAN LEMON GRASS TEA MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN
GLAZED WITH LEMON, ONTARIO APPLE BUTTER, AND TANGERINE GLAZE
SERVED ON STIR FRIED NOODLES
Ingredients for the marinate:
1 1 ½ pd pork tenderloin all fat trimmed of
¼ cup sesame seeds toasted and ground into a paste in a spice grinder
¼ cup lemongrass tea ground in a spice grinder until it resembles a powder
2 tbsp. ground coriander
1 tbsp. soy sauce
4 garlic cloves roasted
1 tbsp. sesame oil
Method for applying to marinate:
1. Mix together all of the crust ingredients and use the back of a soon to rub over the entire tenderloin.
2. Do one side first and place the tenderloin on a piece of saran big enough to wrap the tenderloin in when done. When one side is finished, turn it face down and continue by spreading the crust on the other side. Wrap tight and refrigerate for one hour at least or overnight.
3. Heat a non stick frying pan to medium heat and brown the tenderloin on both sides until the crust is crispy. Remove from the pan and place in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes or cooked to your liking. Allow to stand before slicing.
4. Add a little of the reduction to the pan drippings and add to the sauce.
Ingredients for the glaze:
1 tangerine zest and juice
2 lemons zest of one and juice of 2
3 tbsp. apple butter
1 cup double strength brewed lemon grass tea
1 cup apple cider
3 coves roasted garlic smashed
¼ cup honey
Corn starch slurry to thicken the sauce to your liking
Method for the glaze:
1. Combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Allow to boil at a gentle simmer for about ½ hour.
3. Thicken with corn starch slurry. (1/2 cornstarch and ½ cold water)